Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cake At Work

Here's part of an e-mail that I got at work yesterday:

Please stop by, say Good Bye and have a piece of cake.
Whenever there's cake at work, it reminds me of Seinfeld's "The Frogger" episode. At Elaine's job, they're constantly having an occasion that requires cake. Elaine gets so miffed that she takes a sick day but when she returns, there's cake.

Elaine is sitting at her desk smelling a pen.

ELAINE (thinking): This pen smells really bad. So why do I keep smelling it? Is it too late for me to go to law school?

There's a knock on the door and several co-workers enter with a cake.

ELAINE: What is this?

MALE WORKER: You were out sick yesterday, so we got you a get-well cake.

FEMALE WORKER: It's carrot. It's good for you.

WORKERS (singing): Get well get well soon, we wish you to get--

ELAINE: Stop it! That's not even a song! I mean, now we're celebrating a sick day?

MALE WORKER: I think it's nice.

ELAINE: What? What is nice? Trying to fill the void in your life with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla? I mean, we are all unhappy. Do we have to be fat, too? Not you Becky, I know you have a slow metabolism. I don't want one more piece of cake in my office!...
Once Elaine puts the kibosh on cake, she misses the sugar rush and gets into trouble as a result.

Speaking of cake, the annual obesity rankings are out.

America's Fattest States: Mississippi Still Tops List, But Alabama Closes In

2 comments:

  1. AAahh. I'd totally forgotten about this episode!

    Trying to fill the void in your life with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla.

    Kinda the story of my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame K,

    It's certainly a tasty way to fill a void. :)

    ReplyDelete