Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Menu, #2

Note: All food cooked by my Aunt G except cornbread which was made by my grandmother.

  • Banana Pudding


  • Black-eyed Peas


  • Cornbread


  • Fried Chicken


  • Fried Corn


  • Fried Okra


  • Pound Cake

  • The banana pudding, corn and cornbread almost made me cave. I know, I know -- everything in moderation.

    Last Sunday, my aunt baked tilapia. You can eat the fish, she said matter-of-factly. I didn't even ask what was used for flavoring. Flexibility is required now and then.

    Before I knew it, my aunt had already warmed up the food. I wasn't even hungry but I sat down before two pieces of tilapia, a huge baked potato, two strawberries (nice touch) and a sizable salad.

    I almost declined to eat the second piece of tilapia but the fillets were small. I put the strawberries back and picked a few tomatoes and bell pepper strips out of the salad. My aunt said that she almost gave me a third piece of tilapia but she knew that I wouldn't eat it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment