Monday, July 13, 2009

Post-Triathlon Report

If I had watched this Muscles Used In...video, I would have known where I would feel the pain.



My quadriceps and gluteus maximus took the brunt of the triathlon which made it very interesting to ascend and descend steps today.

I was going to do yoga but got home later than expected. I knew better than to go to the gym but it's hard to sit still these days. So, I did the upper body workout of 10 Minute Solution: Fitness Ball Workouts and the 10 minute stretch portion of 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones! Stretching with a resistance band never felt so good. The stretching combined with a hot bath seems to have alleviated the soreness.

Here's a random fact that I picked up while reading the May 2009 edition of Real Simple:

59,915
The patent number for Pierre Lallement's velocipede, granted in 1866 in the United States. The French mechanic is widely believed to be the father of the modern bicycle...
Velocipede

No comments:

Post a Comment