Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What Marisa Had In Store

Went to the pool with  no new equipment to address the whole can't-breathe-at-night-after-swimming issue.

Can't you just swim žènskī-style?, Borat a.k.a. Hazira wanted to know.  

Zenski (a.k.a. pertaining to a woman) -- that's how some Bosnians refer to swimming with the head above the water with a breaststroke-like kick.

Talked to the lifeguard and no one else has mentioned the inability to breathe. She also said that they keep the chlorine at the low end of what is required and that the only people she's heard of who've had problems have been kids with asthma.

Chatty Kathleen told me that it doesn't matter if your head is below or above the water. Pool house gases are pool house gases. Kathleen also recommended eucalyptus oil dropped in hot water and a towel to cover the face over said infused water. Vicks. A neti pot.

The congestion lasted longer this time so I'm just going to give the pool a break. I imagine that the reaction that I'm having is akin to a food allergy -- the reaction becomes worse the more you expose yourself to the allergen...

I had kettlebell on the brain very early in the day. A sleepless night before meeting Marisa is not the ideal situation. 

I once told Gloria that I was scared to nap since I'm such a night owl. You need savasana, she said. And that's what I did today. I grabbed my eye pillow and, of course, savasana turned into a power nap. I wanted to finish out the nap but I got up, ate a little then headed out the door.

What Marisa had in store:

Right, 20 Reps:

One-hand Swing
Clean and Press
Squat
High Pull
Snatch
Burpees

Left, 20 Reps:

One-hand Swing
Clean and Press
Squat
High Pull
Snatch
Burpees

Jessica Rabbit a.k.a. Crazy Lats and Bowls and I were both experiencing hand fatigue and my left arm in the biceps area was not feeling very nice either but we all moved on to the next phase with two kettlebells.

2kb series...Five Rounds:

Swing
Clean and Press
...
...
1/2 Snatch

We finished up with planks then the whippersnappers worked on pull-ups.

Marisa says that, for her birthday, she has a special workout in mind. I really don't know if I want to be present for that birthday bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment