Sunday, October 6, 2013

Yoga Curious

Knew from the get-go that Gloria would not be at the helm today but I went because I'm yoga curious plus...
Several teachers, Madonna and Alison, have said that we all have our reasons for coming to class.

You never know when you'll hear something that you need to hear or have a flash of intuition. Of course, I have flashes while doing the backstroke or the elementary backstroke which is really good for sorting things out. I'll definitely put walking on that list too...

There's this woman in yoga class who emanates gentleness and sweetness and who usually wishes me a good day in her soft voice. I have no idea what her name is but I think of her as Soft Kitty. Yeah, I show up for that...

Linda, whose primary mode of transportation is a bicycle, put her mat down next to mine -- smack dab in the middle of the room. Do I show up for Linda parking next to me? Yup.

Tammy calling my name and waving goodbye? Un huh.

There were at least two people who retreated -- yoga mats hoisted on their backs.

When I think about subs, I think about Adam Hocke who wrote Yes, You Can Learn to Love Your Yoga Sub...

Listened to a How Curiosity Works podcast and this resonated with me:

Curiosity gets you out of your comfort zone; fear keeps you in it...


No comments:

Post a Comment