Wednesday, June 18, 2014

If You Could Just Learn To Be Still

Had a tough time deciding whether to do yoga and swim OR climb and swim. At the last minute, decided on the latter because of the proximity to the climbing gym.

Couldn't see my climbing bag and realized that I had foolishly left my gear in the car. At least my shoes, complete with a hole in the toe box, are on the way out. My shoes were so toasty that it felt like a spa treatment to my bare feet and the shoes also didn't feel as cramped. Too bad heat is bad for climbing shoes...

If words could propel someone up a wall, Emily would have gotten to the top of the "purple" route really fast. I know Emily's name because her friend kept talking to her.

Lean into the wall. 

Don't sit back. 

Don't bend your knees...

If you could just learn to be still...

After climbing, headed out to the Fugee's for a pool nightcap. The 'Fugee, however, did not join me.

The water was great and no one else was in it. I swear, there is nothing better than swimming out in the open. Actually, I had a peaceful time at the indoor pool yesterday.

I've been thinking about Amy Van Dyken-Rouen's accident but also thinking about how positive she's been...

No comments:

Post a Comment