Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Hard Part

Favorited a tweet about fitter feet because I'm experiencing on and off tenderness smack dab in the middle of my left foot.
Our feet are always smashed and compressed inside our shoes often too narrow for the toes to move...
I laughed about the whole smashed thing since tonight was climbing night. Rock climbing shoes are big time compressors...

Started up this one route and couldn't hoist myself over the arête. Came down and gave it another try. Got over the arête but felt like I couldn't go any further. I told Patti to let me down and she said  You've already gotten over the hard part.

I gathered myself and continued with my ascent.

It's such a sweet feeling when you do something that you thought you couldn't do. It's been a long time since I've attempted to climb a route with an arête in the mix and I'm grateful to Patti for not letting me quit on that route.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of your "Scrubbing" post.

    I don't think rock climbing shoes will give you problems. It's the shoes people wear all day every day that are the problem.

    ReplyDelete