Tuesday, March 24, 2015

You Want To Be Starting Something

After watching The Good Wife, left my Aunt Al's about 9:45 p.m. on Sunday. Got in my car and it wouldn't turn over. Lifted the hood and there was corrosion on the battery but still didn't the battery was the problem since it's two years old. Cleaned off the cable with baking soda and water. Couldn't get the bolt off to properly clean it... yadda yadda yadda.

Poor Chiquita. She had fallen asleep on a March Madness game and was planning to stay at her mom's but ended up taking me home. She has had to play taxi etc. a lot in the last six months.

Got my car towed on Monday and got it back today. As I handed over a credit car, knew that I would get an email warning me that a large transaction had posted to my account. Had to replace the starter and, for the past year, I've had and on-again off-again brake\wheel noise. I joked with Alison that I was going to create a reality show with mechanics and the one who figured out the problem would win the prize of my undying gratitude. The noise is now gone...

When I told my uncle Pat about the starter he said that he could have fixed it but he's been working a lot and on the midnight shift and he's already working on my computer.

Went swimming tonight and I was able to relax my mind. Didn't know if the pool would be open. Apparently, it's on the chopping block because that district has a huge deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment