Friday, March 20, 2015

I Should Be

I was off yesterday and today. At the max again with vacation units and I should be packing for Jamaica but...

During the holidays, gave Gloria a stocking stuffer Groupon to the Campbell House Museum. Thought that she would go with Little Buddha but she wanted to go with me so we went yesterday.

We were met by a retired history teacher who is the docent along with two UMSL students who are docents in training. I don't know why but it surprised me that the students are history majors...

The Campbells had 13 children but only three survived -- their health problems were related to indoor plumbing and untreated water. One of my favorite rooms in the Campbell House is the morning room -- think every house should have one...

Morning Room



I had my eye on a yoga retreat with a local studio but the prices were kind of crazy for a March depature. Airfare was $630-ish which I would have paid but I couldn't get a decent time. It was either leave at 6:15 a.m. or travel for 18 hours.

I was willing to concede on the time but wondered who would get met to the airport at 6:00 a.m. or earlier. I thought about leaving my car at the airport or staying in a hotel near the airport but both options were around the $100 mark. So, anyway, here I sit until...






No comments:

Post a Comment