Monday, January 25, 2016

Hush

As the 9:30 a.m. yoga class emptied yesterday, I spotted this woman whose book, mat and wallet were in the same color family. We ended up talking about the books that we're reading then another yogi ran up to us and joked that she had been planning to introduce us. I'm putting Kristin Hannah's book on my to-read list. In addition to getting book recommendations, I'm enjoying the camaraderie at our friendly, local neighborhood studio.


Went to class this evening and it's still very nice to go to yoga on Monday night. It's my prize -- the carrot that I dangle in front of my eyes.

Class was enjoyable but I enjoyed savasana more. Guess there's a reason that it's called the most important pose. Class closed with the usual Namaste and there was a nice, sacred silence for about 10 seconds when this woman, who likes to ask questions, asked one. I wanted to say Hush!

Part of me feels like I should have more patience after practicing yoga for 60 minutes and part of me wanted her to just hush. Couldn't her question have waited for, like, a minute? She wanted to ask Joy about something she'd quoted which turned out to be:

Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it true, is it necessary, is it kind...Buddha (???)

Guess it's a good thing that I didn't speak out loud.


2 comments:

  1. lol the question-asking woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that she truly because a student of yoga and starts doing research. Of course, studying might make her ask more questions but it's not even the questions that I mind, it's the timing.

    ReplyDelete