Wednesday, November 11, 2009

$60 For 60

One of my friends surprised me with a gift of $60 on the occasion of my having lost 60 pounds.

Go buy yourself some workout clothes or something, she said.

Friends rock.

So, I did -- buy myself an item of workout clothing. I went to Walmart and got a Danskin Now top because you can never have enough workout clothes especially when your regimen prevents you from getting around to doing the laundry which reminds me of this old joke I heard.

If you leave the laundry in the hamper long enough, the clothes become clean again.
Yucky, I know.

There are lots of people who deplore Walmart but I have to say that Walmart was the one place that I could find workout clothes in my size without having to take out a loan.

When I was larger, I would be so disappointed to go in The Sports Authority or TJ Maxx, for that matter, and not be able to find anything in my size as if larger people didn't exercise.

By the way, I told my friend that I cannot wait to lose 70 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment