Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ruling Out And Nixing

It took me forever to set foot outside. I wondered what I would do today since my thighs are sore. I ruled out bicycling and climbing stairs. I also nixed swimming because I've been using my arms quite a bit.

I tested out Simple Slimmer, a segment on 10 Minute Solution: Fat Blasting Dance Mix. I didn't really dig it but I want to try out other routines to see if there is something that I might like.

After dancing, I decided to do some old-fashioned outdoor walking and, because it was so nice outside, I went to a basketball court to shoot some hoops.

If you're wondering, shooting hoops burns 349 calories per hour and has other benefits as well:

Shooting - baskets (basketball):

One of the most enjoyable ways to stay in shape, improve agility and muscular strength is by shooting baskets. Shooting baskets simulates the offensive aspects of regular basketball play and requires the player to use depth perception, flexibility, fast reactions and a cunning game plan to avoid being foiled by defensive players.
Overall, it was just nice to be outside and engaged in something unstructured and nice, also, to be unplugged. Of course, my arms are a bit sore now.

Skee-Lo's I Wish

2 comments:

  1. I haven't played a good game of basketball in a long time. I may have to do that asap. I used to play in high school and college. Good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicci,

    How cool that you played in college. My b-ball days ended in high school...

    ReplyDelete