Thursday, November 26, 2009

Check Your Body

The Thanksgiving Day boot camp at the Carondelt Rec Plex was packed but, by the end of the class, at least 20 people had dropped out.

Check your body. I didn't really hear why we were checking our bodies because the music was kind of loud but I assumed that the instructor meant it in the mind/body connection way and not check your body because San just wrecked it way.

Oh my, San was all about the jumping jacks and squats. I think we did 100 plus jacks and just as many squats. We also did burpees and I'm going to go ahead and say that burpees are not my favorite form of calisthenics.

The 50 minutes of San's boot camp seemed to last forever and the camp class was the last one to leave the Y. It was weird to see all of the cardio equipment at rest.


I swung by Jay International because I had everything that I needed for sweet potato puree except for a lime. I used olive oil instead of butter and agave nectar instead of honey. Calories-wise, agave and honey are alike but, supposedly, agave's glycemic index is lower than honey's.

Love this little two pound bag of sweet potatoes that I got from Trader Joe's -- not too big and not too small.






I oogled the gingerbread cookies at Jay International because it doesn't hurt to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment