Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beyond The Next Ten

Now that I've reached my major goal of losing 60 pounds, I'm thinking about what's next on the agenda.

I would like to lose, at least, another ten pounds and, possibly, more but I really don't want to ponder anything beyond the next ten. It's too much to think about. I also know that the next pounds are going to require some battening down of the hatches.

I'm eating better but there's definitely room for improvement. A post on Bitch Cakes, Weekly Meeting Topic: Eating Healthier the Easier Way, struck a chord with me. She said that you can lose weight by eating junk food. And it is possible because I've done it but the more weight you lose, the more tweaking is required. Plus, I found the weight loss went so much slower for me because of indulgences.

Speaking of food, I made Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans for dinner.

It was a pretty good one bowl meal that was not labor intensive either. I used navy beans instead of cannellini beans. I forgot to see if I had any onions and ended up supplementing a small amount of white onion that had been frozen with a shallot since I hate returning to the store for an item once I've started cooking.

I also used a vegan bouillon cube in place of chicken broth.


I tend to substitute bay scallops for sea scallops whenever a recipe calls for them because I find bay scallops more flavorful.

On another note, congrats to Tara Parker-Pope who is a woman after my heart. She finished 619 out of 625 runners in the New York City Marathon. It's nice to know that I am not the only one in the slow lane.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment