Friday, March 5, 2010

Blame It On The Butters?

Someone gave my friend pajamas which she gave to me. Shhh! While they are a little snug on me, they are snugger on her and therein lies the non-scale triumph. Not even a year ago would I have dreamed of getting into an article of clothing that said friend owned.

Maybe my new mantra should be:

The scale is not moving but the clothes are loose.
By the way, I plan to lounge in said pajamas at some point tomorrow for a lengthy amount of time...

I had quite the losing streak going in blog giveaways but I finally won a $5 dollar coupon over at A Life Less Sweet Reviews! for MaraNatha Nut Butters. I needed that coupon too.


I know what you're thinking. The butters are the reason that 'Drea's scale won't move but I never have more than one tablespoon per day.

By the way, is it worth it to wash out these containers for the purpose of recycling them? It's hard to know what the lesser evil is at times.

5 comments:

  1. I love that your friend gave you her too small pj's! They look very comfy!

    I don't wash out all my jars for recycling. It just depends as we don't have a great recycling program here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin good in those jammies Drea. I wrote a long comment yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't post. so let's see how things go today.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm feeling better already. I think simply writing about my funky mood and diappointment with myself gave me some clarity and release.

    My daugther is a rock climber. She is 12 and on a youth climbing league. She climbs and boulders about 6 hours a week. I am in awe of her. I have tried climbing, but I am not a climber. I do however enjoy watching others climb. Their moves are such a beautiful combination of strength, flow, power and flexibility. Its sort of hypnotizing for me to watch.

    Hope you get some climbing time in this weekend. Belay on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane Fit to the Finish

    I love pajamas and to inherit too tight ones was pretty cool. My friend is a bit more hippy than I am.

    Thanks for the recycling input.

    @Diane,

    I'm glad that you're feeling better.

    I think it's so cool that your daughter belongs to a climbing league. I wish that I had started climbing sooner.

    You're right about climbers. The best ones are graceful and slow. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to climb tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady! I'm right there w. you and those nut butters. Love O magazine too. Her fiction issues are my faves.

    YES to recycling. It's always worth it. When we give to Mother Nature, she gives back to us. Promise.

    Btw. the jams are super cute. Let's start a blogger trend where we all take pictures of ourselves in our morning grogs! It's neato.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey fartygirl,

    Thanks and I'm with you on the new blogger trend. So, I wanna see your pajamas. ;) It would be interesting to see how many wear footies...

    ReplyDelete