Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hopping Up On The Deck Is Getting Easier

Guy: I'm looking for Laurie. I guess she's the one who runs this joint.

Kerri: (Points toward interior of box) She's the one in shape.
The one in shape was not playing around either. On the agenda for class:

  • 500 meters of rowing @ 22 mets
    10 Burpee Pull-Ups


  • Laurie looks at me and wants to know if I know what a burpee pull-up is. I'm not quite sure but I have an idea. So, yeah, what's worse than a burpee? A burpee immediately followed by a pull-up. VoilĂ , the burpee pull-up.

    Laurie hops up and executes a textbook pull-up. It was sick. Just sick.

    She wants Kerri and me to go through the pull-up motions to get a feel for them. Sure...

  • 500 meters of rowing @ 24 mets
    20 Slams (20 lbs)


  • 500 meters of rowing @ 26 mets
    25 Sit-ups


  • 500 meters of rowing @ 28 mets
    5 Burpee Pull-Ups
    10 Slams
    15 Sit-Ups


  • Run Around the Building or Walk for Recovery (and Hop Up On The Deck to Get Back in Building)

  • 15 Push-Ups (Assisted)

  • Rowing, 5 Minutes


  • End of Workout


    It's amazing how much you can get done in 45 minutes...

    I was happy to see Kerri pull up when I arrived. She was in the last rowing class and I like to have someone to joke around with.

    Apparently, there's another jokester. One of the guys was like So, this is what you like to do for fun?

    Kerri tells me that she goes to the CrossFit group class during the day a couple of times a week and she likes to mix in rowing. She also tells me that if I can do the rowing class, I can do the regular CrossFit class which is good to hear.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment