Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm Gonna Knock You Out

I'm reading You Are Your Own Gym and I just started on chapter nine where this part jumped out at me:
To see the greatest benefits of my proven training method you're going to have to let go of your comfort occasionally. That's the deal. In return, you will look and feel better than ever before. (45)
I took myself to a third consecutive boxing class. Turned myself over to Tai again knowing that discomfort would be involved.

My back is starting to take the brunt of boxing. No problem. Because of yoga, I know how to massage the muscles of my back even when it's hard to get on the floor.

Tai's class was on the light side of brutal today:

Lean and kick.

Hit 'im the eyes. Hit 'im in the groin.

Don't quit on me (one of her favorite - and necessary - phrases).

Stop watching my clock
.

Get off my floor (another necessary phrase usually said during abnormal ab work).

One thing that I dig is working two bags when you, say, do a punching combination on one bag then kick backwards or to the side on another bag...

I also like the drill when you keep your hands moving/punching (interspersed with hard punches) until you're told to stop. Another of my favorites is repeatedly delivering two body shots then shuffling to the other side of the bag and delivering two more. Shuffle...body shots...shuffle...

Now, of course, I can't get this song out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment