Sunday, March 11, 2012

How Marisa Tried to Kill Us

Went to Hot Yoga yesterday then refueled and decided to go swimming. I find it hard to sit around since I sit around at work so much. I know, I could have done something else like unclutter or plan a meal but who wants to do that?

I was really sore after my Saturday activities. Maybe I moved in poses deeper than I thought I had. This morning, I was achy, grumpy and tired and knew that I would not be able to double up on activities. I didn't even know if I would make it to kettlebell class but I pulled myself together and ate oatmeal while I dressed even though I didn't think that I would be my best self in class. I also told myself not to try and make up time -- that class would probably be in the warm-up phase when I arrived. It was dumb luck that I didn't make this cop move on my way because I was definitely at that 10 MPH mark when you've bought a speeding ticket.

Got to class and none of the newbies were there and I felt like they wouldn't show either. It was Alexandrea, Chip, Marina and me and Marisa, surprisingly, remembered everyone's name.

I'm thinking that Marisa remembered everyone's name because she wanted it to be personal when she tried to kill us: two-hand swings, right hand swing, left hand swing, hand-to-hand swing, tactical and curtsy lunges, Russian Step-Ups, triceps dips, push-ups, squat...curl...presses, knees to feet or, as Jackie Warner likes to call them, UFC's, overhead presses, clean...squat...press, presses on the knees, pressing while laying down, windshield wipers, tall sit-ups et al. I thought that I might vomit at one point.

Good news. We also worked on the clean. I'm right-handed but, for some reason, my left hand clean is much nicer. How weird is that? Marisa said I was stalling when I attempted the clean on the right side and she also reminded me to roll the kettlebell on my wrist.

Speaking of the clean, Marisa had us do a burpee and when we bounced back up, it was time for the clean. Yeah, I've said it before but it bears repeating: I hate burpees.

Marisa: See you next week.

Me: Sure...

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to do two in-studio classes and at least two private practices each week. I felt the same last week after a video I did. I think I push myself hard when I'm on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you can definitely get a good workout at home.

    I worked out to one of Jackie Warner's DVDs last week and I whimpered. I have no idea why I didn't just hit the pause button. I mean, no one was watching or anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete