Friday, March 30, 2012

Garudasana Standstill

It usually makes me feel better to acknowledge something that is bothering me so I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there: I hate eagle pose and I feel like my body wasn't made to intertwine like that.

When I saw these "cookies" over at Yoga Spy's blog, it made me smile; now, that's what you call having a playful attitude towards a pose but, if you notice, none of the cookies are doing eagle. Of course, I see the contradiction but I'm making up my own rule: have a playful attitude when approaching poses except for when it comes to eagle. I can make up my own rules, right?



Yesterday, the humidity was high as all get out in Hot Yoga. At one point, the teacher, Val, walked by me and I felt a breeze. I kept hoping that she would walk by again and again.


If it helps, imagine air circulating in your lower back. Val said that after bow pose as we were supposed to breathe into our lower backs but let me tell you, Val, imagination does not help after bow...


Speaking of saying things, I'm almost reluctant to mention this because I don't want to jinx it but since I've been going to Hot Yoga on a regular basis, my contact dermatitis has been dormant. Coinkydink???

No comments:

Post a Comment