Friday, March 16, 2012

Not Drinking the Kool-Aid and...More Gospel from Melinda Frances

I got an email alerting me that someone "said" my name on Twitter:


I've pretty much put the kibosh on eating out when someone retires, resigns or gets laid off but, of course, I have felt guilty or felt that I was being too much of a stickler and/or a stick-in-the-mud. I do have restaurants that I will go to including Chipotle (burrito bowl minus the cheese and sour cream), Kaldi's (baked falafel), Local Harvest (veggie burger or egg sandwich with farm fresh eggs) or Sweet Art (Sweet -veggie- Burger or vegan chili).

I've also felt obnoxious when I've asked family and friends about ingredients in a meal when an invitation to dinner has been extended.

It's funny when people feel like they must feed you. My colleagues will bring me strawberries or grapes etc. when there's a function going on at work because, by now, they know that I won't eat the cake or drink the "Kool-Aid..." and, yet, I still get plenty of invitations to dine out. After reading The Wall Street Journal article, I felt like I could exhale...

Hott Southern Mess a.k.a. Melinda no longer works with me but I remembered that I still had more gospel fodder:



  • I'll see you in a tic toc.



  • OH EM GEE...



  • My love for candy is deep and it is real.



  • I need to get my nails done before I lose all of my friends.



  • Paris Hilton always says live every day like it's your birthday.



  • Me: Are you generous with yourself?


    Melinda: I'm the most important person in my world. My cat and David are a close tie...


  • When I was little, I had a cat named Princess Kitten because I was imaginative like that...


  • BRB...


  • I'm so over being an adult.


  • We could be a Blondetourage.

    Melinda about Taylor Swift, Paris Hilton and herself
  • 2 comments:

    1. I feel you on the work lunches. It's easy for me to be a food nazi because I eat 99% of my meals at home. But I remember how hard it was at work, when there were always bagels or candy in the break room and *some* damn special occasion that required lunch at Empty Carbs 'R Us restaurant. It's hard to find an alternate way of celebrating with people, but you shouldn't either be required to eat a load of crap for other people's sake.

      I'm relaxed about meals at my friends' homes because I do it so rarely, it really is a once-in-a-while thing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. gingerzingi,

      I probably do need to relax more for those occasional meals...but the work situation always seems to be out of control...Every time you turn around, there's birthday cake or cookies or donuts. That's why I love the episode of Seinfeld when Elaine goes off about all of the celebrations that entail eating cake....

      ReplyDelete