Friday, May 31, 2013

The Edge or Month-End Review, May

What to say? It's been a long month but exercise is not usually what makes me tired. Although, that kettlebell session on Wednesday completely left me somber and made me take a look at my exercise objectives. In the end, I know that I don't get satisfaction from a workout that is too easy. Some of my yoga teachers talk about pushing the edge but not jumping into the fire or something like that -- you know what I mean...

10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!
  • 10 Min Stretch


  • Bicycling, 1 x

    Boxing, 3 x's

    Climbing, 5 x's

    Ellen Barrett Live: Sleek Sculpt Express*, 1 x

    Kettlebell, 5 x's

    Stretch Max, 5 x's

    Walking, 11 x's

    Yoga, 8 x's


    *Disclosure: I received this DVD without charge.

    3 comments:

    1. "Jumping into the fire" - yes, there is a sweet spot between too little and too much pain! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's a cool graphic:

      http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/YogaforStartersNamaste_5147242392592.jpg

      ReplyDelete
    3. Gingerzingi,

      I'm definitely looking for the sweet spot...

      After turning my head sideways, yes, the Yoga for Starters chart makes sense and, of course, now it makes me want to try Anusara and Barkan. However, if I am not mistaken, most yoga is a descendent of Hatha...

      ReplyDelete