Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Shape Of The Pose

I feel like a kindergartner wanting to put my mat next to my friend,  Sherry said. I laughed.  Sherry was trying to get next to Alison whom I've talked to many times but whose name I just discovered...

I asked Gloria if she had the urge to go climbing and she told me I'm still afraid of heights. That took a lot out of me. Gloria told me that she would let me know when she's ready to climb again. Translation: don't ask me; I'll ask you...

As we settled into triangle, Gloria advised us to keep our breath smooth. Take the shape of the pose that you need to in order to keep breathing smoothly. I was definitely having breathing problems so I backed off of a triangle a bit.

Before savasana, Gloria told us -- Set yourself up to relax so that you can commit to being still. I did not have a problem with commitment because I was worn out.

At the end of class, I went to gather my things and sat next to Alison. I asked Sherry if she was going to come after me for sitting next to her friend and she said No, she has two sides...

I wanted to hit the Riverfront Trail but didn't feel like putting my bike rack on my car so I bicycled to the park and stopped to enjoy the breeze and read a bit. Gloria's 9 a.m. class was packed -- starting to think that everyone watched AccuWeather but me...


No comments:

Post a Comment