Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Composed Climber

It's been raining all day long in The Lou. All day. So, what do you do on a soggy day? You go climbing, of course.

And guess who went along? Gloria. I was surprised when Gloria mentioned rock climbing to me because we hadn't talked about it but she knows about my blog and, therefore, the climbing.

Gloria told me that she felt strong and wanted to try something new. Watching her climb made me realize that I need to rely more on yoga experience and techniques. Gloria is such a composed climber and totally did a great job climbing the walls for the first time despite not being crazy about heights. I give her extra credit for composure since everyone had to take a mandatory gym orientation because of yet another incident at the gym -- this time involving a broken back. Not sure what the solution is but I don't think the brief orientation is it...

I haven't seen Jessica in ages and the first word that pops into my mind when I think of Jessica is sweet but that girl is also an excellent pusher. I didn't have any plans to do Bike MS but Jessica almost made me say yes and she definitely has me thinking about participating. Patti put on more pressure by saying that I could bunk with her and Crystal. We'll see...

We had a sizable group of climbers -- David, Doug, Gloria, Jessica, Patti, Tim and me -- so it was only natural that merriness happened.

Doug, Constantly in Motion & Constantly Smiling

Gloria, With Good Technique, On Her Second Route



2 comments:

  1. Good for Gloria! I don't try new things often enough, I get stuck into my groove. Tough news about the gym accident. I imagine the orientation thing is something they have to do for liability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would actually like to try something new. I'm not in a rush but...

    Yeah, I think the orientation is definitely a CYA thing.

    ReplyDelete