Sunday, April 21, 2013

...Pull Them Into Your Peace

Even though I went to bed earlier than usual, I still was not able to separate myself from the bed in time to make it to Gloria's 9 a.m. class but, luckily, Gloria has two classes on Sunday and, while I waited for class two, I got a chance to spend quality time with my brother before he made his goodbye rounds.

Gloria started off class with a quote then said when you feel peace, you can share it with others. That reminded me of a quote that I saw recently: don't let other people pull them into your storm; pull them into your peace...

I was rolling up my pant leg when Gloria said You should feel heat in the body now. As we did high lunge with a twist and half moon pose, I thought about Jason Crandell, the Yoga Journal DVD instructor, who said you want to coax your body into a pose -- not force it.

After bow pose, it was nice to hear Make a palm pillow and relax. My mind went to the pool and the little boy that started screaming when his grandparents said that they were coming over to his house. The screamer's mother, without fanfare, said Relax. Her instruction made me and her screaming son chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment