Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Yoga Spiel

Went to Trader Joe's and the clerk asked if I had done anything enjoyable this weekend.

I rode my bike and did yoga this morning, I responded.

Yooooooga, he said. I've been meaning to try that...He went on to ask a few questions including how I felt after practicing. I told him that I know it sounds like a clichĂ© but yoga has made me a better person. Things that used to bother me just roll off my shoulders and I no longer pound my fists into the steering wheel...

Yesterday, I had two dates. I could not find either address on my GPS and had to run back in the house to get directions but didn't think to check the second location. I don't have a cell phone but remembered that Target has wifi, used my text-free situation and asked Katie, my second date, for directions as I simultaneously realized that I could use Google Maps. Went to customer service, asked for a pen and hoped that the sun would stay with me for a while.

The Sun -- Right Before I Found Katie

Where Katie stays reminds me of where one of my great, great aunts used to stay in Arkansas-- down a red dirt road with no signage. Before, I would have fretted that I was going in the wrong direction but Katie had told me that it was about a mile off the road so I stayed the course and was thrilled when she popped out of the house because I still wasn't sure that I was in the right place...

During my first date with Cindy, we talked about hot yoga which I do miss a bit but I also know that heat can be created without a thermostat...

At the end of savasana today, Gloria told us to feel the calm within and I felt the calm the same way that I felt the heat and the sweat rolling down my face when she guided us through sun salutations.




2 comments:

  1. Two dates in one day! How do you find time for yoga?? :-)

    Love the sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get around sometimes. :)

    Re: the sunset pic, thanks. It was definitely a sight to behold.

    ReplyDelete