Monday, July 29, 2013

Yoga Even

I have a low level of angst about boxing class. Think it's the whole pairing up plus the rock music that is sometimes too loud for my taste.

We ended up with eight people in class. I paired up with Ashley who has a black belt. My apologies to Ashley. As Dawn said, mitting is harder than boxing and it requires finesse. I'm finesse light on any given day but Ashley is pretty easygoing so she didn't lose patience with me -- the person who forgets that she should be punching with her right hand when she's in a right-legged stance...

Dawn was actually absent so Mike taught the class. Mike likes to have you box for 25 minutes straight then switch and I like that.

At the end of class, Mike reminded us about a training camp that the US Martial Arts Association is holding this weekend. They have Aikido, Karate, Krav Maga, Escrima...even Yoga. Mike's yoga afterthought made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment