Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Minute Forfeiture or Month-End Review, July

One of my colleagues shudders at the thought of doing yoga in a crowded room. I have similar feelings about swimming. Got to the pool when it opened last night and was able to get in eight laps before company arrived.

Three of us shared a lane. Between the mini-riptide and cologne, ew, it was enough to make me feel crowded. We ended up doing a kind of relay situation.

As Chatty Kathleen got ready to leave and I readied to dip under the divider, she told me that I looked healthy and strong. When I asked her how she was doing, I got a response at the other end of the spectrum but she was in good enough shape to tell me that I lifted her spirits but the only thing that I did was listen. I am an extrovert magnet because I'm a good listener even when I don't want to be...

Gladly forfeited a minute and finished kettlebell practice at 7:14. Wrapping up kettlebell practice always makes me feel that I have, officially, made it over the hump.

Tally for the month:

Bicycling, 3 x's
Boxing, 4 x's
Climbing, 1 x
Kettlebell, 4 x's


7/31 Kettlebell:

Two-Hand Swings, 30
Burpees, 10
Rows, 10/10
Triceps Dips, 30
Around the Body with a Catch and Lunge, 10
Deadlift, 10/10 (Two Variations)
Clean and Press, 20/20
Jacks, 30
Pull-Overs, 15
Double Leg Raise, 15
Snatch, 20/20 (10/10 for me)
Plank

Plank-Off: Megan a.k.a. A-Rod, Becky & Paige *

Stations of: Two-Hand Swing, Russian Step-up, Slam Ball (30 lbs), Russian Twist, Double Press, Double Squat, Around The Body, Push-Ups (Off a Chair)...

Stretch Max, 2 x's
Swimming, 8 x's
Walking, 11 x's
Yoga, 6 x's

I was totally satisfied with my production this month. What about you?


*I dropped out of the plank-off after 90 seconds. Megan lasted for five minutes while Paige got her "tent" on to help her endure.

2 comments: