Saturday, July 13, 2013

Progression

Bike weather today. Pool weather for the next week...

I hopped on my Globe Vienna by ten and stopped to admire the flowers along the way. It was like a little oasis by the lily pads.




Got home and since I was warmed up, hit the play button on Absolute Beginners: Kettlebell 3 and 1 with Amy Bento. It's been in my Netflix queue forever with a short wait status for most of that time..

Even though I'm not a beginner, I like to see how other people teach kettlebell and to see if I can pick up any tips.

I didn't do the whole workout but I did like the simplicity of the workout -- just some good ol' swinging -- two-hand, one-hand, cleans, jerks...The sweat was rolling after just five minutes. I decided to practice the snatch. I was not in class when Marisa taught it so I usually do a clean and press while everyone else is doing the snatch.

I did what Phil Scarito said in the video below and success! I love that feeling of exhilaration that comes with learning how to do something and I liked doing the snatch in three parts (high pull progression). I instantly felt the fruit of my labor smack dab in the middle of my back. No pain. Just gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment