Thursday, July 4, 2013

No More Vegan Bouillon Cubes In The Pantry

Many of the clothes that I wore last summer are snug very uncomfortable and there is a pair of pants that I can't button up at all.

My face is fuller.

My body is fuller but, apparently, I have street credibility since people still talk about my willpower and how much I exercise.

No one is talking about my fullness. Guess they are being polite. Although, truth be told, only a few relatives said anything to me before I lost weight.

I'm not going into freak out mode because I still walk past cupcakes. I don't eat fried food and I practically freaked out when I discovered that there were no more vegan bouillon cubes in the pantry.

I'm already tired thinking about the work that I must do on the food front...

In other news, I finally found recipes that I like and please don't tell me that gnocchi has a lot do with weight gain. It's the first time that I tried it and, you know, it was a recipe that I actually liked. Here's the "gnocchi" recipe and the others.

Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers

Enjoyed the Flavor

Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans

Spicy Vegan Sloppy Joes

"Eating is one of the most emotional things we do," says Karl Guggenmos, dean of culinary education at Johnson & Wales. "That will never change." But how we eat and how Americans relate to food are undergoing rapid change, for reasons related to sustainability as well as health.
-from Making of a Modern Chef, Psychology Today, March/April 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment