Monday, May 21, 2012

I Hereby Acknowledge That I Am Physically Capable...

Yes, I signed another waiver for yet another gym.
I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or...
The "my heirs" part reminded me of that silly Chris Rock film when he said Black people don't leave a will; they leave a bill. Snicker, snicker...

Got to the gym, literally, a minute before class started because, for some reason, I think that the waters will part just because I want to do something. Forgot all about rush hour traffic...

Everyone was super nice. The teacher, Natasha, introduced herself and I got gloved up and had exactly two bags to choose from and both were near the front of the room.

Despite my front row bag, I really enjoyed myself. When I'm boxing, I don't feel like I'm working out. The class was also 45 minutes which brought a whole new meaning to short and sweet. I liked Natasha with her Hello Kitty tattoo on her inner arm and her quirky sense of humor. She is a good motivator too.

Higher, higher (knees); the floor's on fire.
At the end of class, we worked on abs and did planks (hello, again) while lifting our legs to which Natasha said:

Squeeze your butt because I can't do it for you; that would just be really weird.

One of  favorite moves was jab, jab, block; jumping jack, roundhouse kick. I know that I've said this before but I love roundhouse kicks.

I also liked it when we channeled our inner frog and hopped forward and backward. I know that I'm sick but I kind of dig squats too.

One of my classmates encouraged me to come to the strength training class. That's when we curse a lot, she said.

After boxing, I went to yoga class and Donna was back. How did you like Gloria, she asked? I haven't taken her class but I heard that she is phenomenal...

Donna has extra straps and eye bags and I usually get an eye bag for savasana. I'm thinking that I want one of my own since they smell so divine.


4 comments:

  1. I can make you an eye pillow. Don't buy one. :) It's the lavender and flax seed that smells so nice...it would be my pleasure to help you relax in any way that I can! You work so hard that I think you deserve a special handmade treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made a huge smile break out on my face... Thanks! (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete