Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Reminder


I must admit that I am baffled by the vacation weight loss. I've been trying to concentrate so hard on being active and making decent food choices but the scale is never too far away from my mind. While I wasn't fully decadent, I did eat and drink things that I've not eaten in a long time.


My first "indiscretion" was at O'Hare airport. I found out that the only creamer that this stall had was half and half and I told the woman that I didn't want the coffee then but she misunderstood me so I took the coffee and I like creamer in my coffee so I put the half and half in the mix and rationalized that having the creamer one time wouldn't do any harm. Well, for the rest of the trip, I put in a little low fat milk plus half and half.


I usually eat egg whites and reduced fat cheese which I didn't bother with on vacation. I also allowed myself generous amounts of almond butter which makes me wonder if I'm getting enough protein. I've been watching Jackie Warner's Work Out and she says that fat is not the enemy -- sugar is... which brings me to Izze -- hadn't had one of those in a long time. I also felt that I didn't drink nearly enough water -- not that I get in huge amounts when I'm at home. I also have an addiction to Werther's going on right now. Why I picked up a bag in the first place I don't know.


On another note, I bought a few things in San Diego and, of course, the majority of the items are workout clothes. I'm starting to be majorly impulsive with buying active wear and I sometimes forget that I already have items with tags on them no less.


Tomorrow I head back to work. It was my plan to gently reinsert myself and that's why I'm starting on Thursday. I've been trying to get centered and not let my mind write stories. Note to self: good luck with that...

Whole Eggs & Cheese Frittata


Black Beans, Brown Rice, Salsa, Chicken & Feta Cheese



Old Navy Poly/Cotton Blend Souvenir


Leg Cam -- Purplish Moisture-Wicking Shorts from Target, Another Souvenir


A Reminder...


P.S. Patti's theory re: the weight loss is that I was not stressed and not sitting at my desk all day...

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Patti, stress is the REAL enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Patti is one very wise woman. ;)

    I'm definitely trying to learn as many "tricks" as I can to deal with the beast that is stress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something similar happened to me during a vacation to Miami a few years ago...Quite unexpected I came back a few pounds lighter. I spent weeks mulling over how that was possible...still haven't figured it out...I wasn't quite as active and didn't watch what I ate as well...But, hey, I'll take it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know -- it's like looking a gift horse in the mouth, right?

    On the other hand, if I could find out what I did right on vacation and copy that formula, it would be a beautiful thing...

    ReplyDelete