Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Ings...or Month-End Review, May

Monday, May 7th, Boxing + Yoga
I don't know why I'm so tired, I told Hazira. Her response? It's all those ings. To which I responded, Hunh?

Climbing. Swimming. Swinging, she responded. I was like Au contraire, little couch potato, exercise actually energizes me. Okay, maybe I have gotten worn out from an exercise endeavor or two but...

It's been five years since I decided to get my act together and five years since I visited my friends in New Jersey and New York where I had my epiphany. Can't believe that I haven't seen my friends in that long. An early happy birthday to Martene; Hey girl...

I still remember reading a 2007 issue of Prevention magazine and spying the ad for the Lewis and Clark Marathon and thinking I'm doing that...

Since I started keeping track, via month-end reviews, in Sept. of '09, I've been rock climbing over 100 times; ditto for swimming. Hey, I learned to swim within these last five years! I've done Jackie Warner's upper body workout on Personal Training with Jackie over 60 times. I so love being in shape and strong and this is how I stayed in shape this month:

5 Day Get Fit Mix



  • Cardio Kickboxing, 1 x


  • 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!



  • Arms & Shoulders, 1 x




  • 10 Minute Stretch, 1 x


  • Boxing, 2 x's

    Climbing, 3 x's

    Kettlebell Class, 2 x's

    Swimming, 7 x's

    Treadmill, 1 x (While watching Oklahoma vs. Los Angeles, #nbaplayoffs)

    Walking, 6 x's

    Yoga, 11 x's

    5 comments:

    1. Lots of -ings, indeed. You are a mover and a shaker, my friend--great month and great half a decade! Congrats!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the workout!

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Cindy,

      Thanks. :)


      @cragsandveggies,

      Thanks to you too. Love the tag line for your blog: because one can never get enough veggies or climbing... :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ha! The ings got me too. I'll have to pay more attention. Thanks for the heads up about Jackie Warner. I'll have to try that for summer since I have whittled down the lower half. Great post!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Jane,

      Thanks.

      If you get a chance to check out Warner's DVD, let me know what you think.

      ReplyDelete