Friday, May 18, 2012

Tree in 10 Seconds

Went bicycling yesterday and, as I headed back toward the Arch, I decided to see if I could capture myself doing tree pose. I engaged the kickstand, used the self-timer and went for it. Despite it being windy, neither the bike nor the camera fell over.

During the bike ride, I felt balanced and strong; it was such a superb day for bicycling...and yoga.

I like how the photo is centered because I didn't concentrate much on the composition; it just kind of happened. I worried more about the camera falling over as I tried to position it on my lumpy gel seat cover.


The Trees...

5 comments:

  1. Terrific picture!! :) So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on!! Beautiful vrksasana! Clever yogini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a park in buenos aires once and there were several groups of old women stretching against trees. I doubt they needed the trees, but it helped to have something there. I know you aren't leaning on the tree, but that's what the photo reminded me of. You should make that your wallpaper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TJ,

    Thanks. It is a peaceful trail -- such an oasis in the heart of the city.


    @Kini,

    Thanks. I know that I can always count on you for support -- Sanskrit plus...


    @Sara,

    Cool memory. I want to be an old woman doing yoga and, before then, I wouldn't mind being in Buenos Aires doing yoga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the plant in the background might just be the ethanol factory where Tim works.

    ReplyDelete