Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Practice, Practice...

I cannot get on the good foot when it comes to cooking so for dinner I had an open-faced almond butter and banana sandwich, a kiwifruit and a half a cup of mighty mango Naked juice which I thought that I might regret but it didn't come spewing out during Hot Yoga so all was good.

I need to make a note not to stand behind the twins anymore -- one is a bit of a giggler and I'm way too susceptible to that...

My mind was quieter about yoga practice. It's about time don't you think? I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about the poses that I would encounter -- especially the ones that feel awkward and, speaking of awkward, when we did our first swan dive during half sun salutations, my hamstrings wanted to know what in the world was going on and they promised to thank me later...

Thanks to Cindy for two things:

Reminder One: Standing poses will put you in your place.

Reminder Two: Go for it (standing poses); don't worry about looking silly.
I'm still working on having a playful attitude with the standing poses but I'm sure that playfulness will come with time...

Cindy likes to call savasana -- savasana and not corpse pose but when I heard corpse that just made me think of Thriller.

4 comments:

  1. What brand of almond butter do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get Trader Joe's almond butter 97% of the time. If it's on sale, I get MaraNatha no stir which is the bomb.

    I was in a time crunch recently and bought Target's Archer Farms brand which was okay but definitely not anything to write home about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twins have gotten me with their giggling too. I uswd to asssume it was something I did or said...but its almost always because someone was moaning in class. I finally asked them and that was their reply. LOL! Teach me to assume things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did make them giggle on Wednesday. :) They are definitely prone to smiling and laughter -- guess they have the playful part down.

    You just never know what's going on with the other side of the studio...

    ReplyDelete