Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Sun Diet

Crawled out of bed near noon. Missed hot yoga and don't feel quite the same since I didn't practice. Yesterday, I told Cindy that I planned to be a slug. I definitely got off to a good start with slug life. Actually, I didn't get to sleep until around 2 a.m. Plus, I think that I was mentally exhausted so my body just took what it needed. I'm surprised that I slept at all since I ate my body weight in watermelon last night.

Because I can never commit 100% to slug life, I decided to swim but didn't know if it was best to go inside or outside. If I took it inside, I knew that I would swim a certain amount of laps. And outside? There's the joy of doing the backstroke, looking at the sky and watching birds fly by.

It seemed like a shame to head inside. I knew either way that the water would be cold but I'm learning to just rip the Band-Aid off. At one point, this woman smiled at me and said It's hard to swim laps, isn't it? After getting away from the football players and jumpers, someone, inevitably, would just set up camp in the area that I was trying to swim in but I'm persistent and I seized a lap moment whenever I could.

I stayed in the water for an hour, took a shower and felt so good.

Nice, Mild Body Wash That I Scored at Big Lots

I remember when my first official yoga teacher told us the story of one of his friends that went without food for a while and just did some type of sun meditation. At the time, I joked with one of my fellow yogis that I needed the sun diet because that was the only way that I was going to lose any weight but after being in the sun for an hour, I did feel renewed and full.

4 comments:

  1. time to sit back and unwind...

    now I want watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want lots of sitting back, unwinding and eating of watermelon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a slug for a couple of months. I'm sure a day is fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have my very own guru on slug life. :) Thanks for the back-up...

    ReplyDelete