Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day Five

Sweet Emptiness
My regular pool is open again. Yayyyyyyy! When I got there, the lifeguard said We saved a lane for you. I looked. Not a body or ripple in the water.

I ordered a new swimming suit because I've darned my go-to TYR to the best of my ability and it's starting to come apart everywhere. I had to return the new suit and I'm waiting for them to process the return so that I can order another one. Unfortunately, it's taking forever because of the holidays.

In the meantime, one of my colleagues suggested that I wear two suits. She told me that lots of swimmers double up on suits to create drag but it's also effective when you have two suits in various states of disrepair.

The Speedo and The TYR
I thought having on two suits would feel funny but it didn't and it was also nice to be worry-free regarding wardrobe malfunctions...

I swam 18 laps, made a pit stop then met Patti for climbing. As I headed toward the locker room, I saw a familiar face -- don't remember his name. When I asked him how he felt, he said heavy and the scale backed up his feeling of heaviness.

I totally relate to the feeling but, like my fellow climber, I still had a good day on the wall and I'm totally grateful that I'm able to ascend a 40 foot wall..

Weight Management -- As Alien As Climbing

No comments:

Post a Comment