Sunday, June 16, 2013

No Scorecard or Demerits

Seized the moment and went swimming. It was the second 88 degree day and I knew the water wouldn't be warm but it wasn't going to get any better for a while.

As I painstakingly made my way from the shallow end to deeper water, this woman said, almost apologetically, You're not going to have very much room to do lap swimming. Guess what? I don't need much room. I positioned myself close to the divider and although there was horseplay nearby, I went for it. Jo Ann said I'm going to take my chance and do laps while you're doing them and, later, I can't swim like that...

I'm shocked when someone tells me that they can't swim like me. I don't feel like the most competent swimmer but I guess I'm more competent than I think I am. While I was in the pool, I looked at the clear sky and the green trees and just soaked it all end. As I waited for my lane to clear, this guy said This has to be one of the best ways to get exercise. Agreed but, apparently, I kept my head under water too long because I woke with a total chlorine hangover...

Scene of the Hangover
Headed to yoga to dispense with the hangover. Gloria told this newbie that she could use the wall for poses but the newbie wasn't totally convinced. Gloria assured her that there was no scorecard or demerits in yoga. After class, the newbie told me I made it. I won't give up. Cute...

Listened to Bob Marley as I headed home Three Little Birds came up and I didn't really feel like listening to it and fast forwarded but I went back because I can use all of the "...don't worry about a thing" message.

Walked past the window in the kitchen and something caught my eye. Went closer and was delighted to see a Cardinal and it stayed there until I captured the moment.

Outside My Window

Grabbed my climbing gear to rendezvous with Cindy and Tim. Climbed five routes then headed out because Sundays are busy days...


Cindy Tackling a 5.9, Corner Pocket
And what I remember from yoga class? Part of Gloria's class-ending mantra -- May you have a calm mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment