Wednesday, March 11, 2009

About The Pool

I've been to La Jolla, CA a couple of times and whenever I drive into that city and see the shoreline, I start singing a few lines from that James Blunt song:
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I felt that way about the pool today. Okay, not just today. The light of the sun was shining majestically into the pool area. I stepped into the water and put my arms out and glided underwater. Happy, happy. Joy, joy.

I swam 21 laps today -- the most laps that I've done in one hour and I'm hoping to work my way up to 32.5 laps which is a mile.

I was reading an old Zen Habits post which was actually a guest post by Brett Cornwright about training for a triathlon.

http://zenhabits.net/2009/03/a-guide-to-starting-out-in-triathlon/comment-page-2/#comment-62624

Cornwright talked about how some people learn to swim just for that event. He suggested Total Immersion as a reputable swimming program. I clicked on the TI link and found out that they will be conducting a freestyle workshop in Chicago this weekend. I briefly thought about participating until I saw that it was sold out and had a price tag of $495 dollars. Ouch.

I also got another idea from Zen Habits. I've been thinking about getting a bicycle but never thought about getting one from Craigslist. So, instead of walking, you might see me motoring around Forest Park and saying on your left as I pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment