Monday, March 2, 2009

Where I Was Coming From

I was so happy to see the Wreck Center after work. When I went into the locker room, there were clothes all over which is usually not the case. Then, I heard a lot of commotion in the vicinity of the pool.

I got into my swimwear, headed toward the pool and put my towel on the bench. There were about seven teenagers in the water and two adults with poles on the sidelines. I headed straight for Nick who explained that students from the MO School for the Blind would be there every Monday in March practicing for a race. Wow. I was apprehensive about the deep end and couldn't imagine the nerve it would take to learn how to swim with limited sight or none at all.

I claimed lane six and as I was doing the back crawl, Nick was talking to me but I couldn't hear him since my ears were pretty much submerged. Once I got to the end of the pool, I asked him to repeat himself.

You could hardly swim when you first started coming and now...

I wanted to say something profound but all I could muster was yeah but I think that Nick knew where I was coming from.

When I left the Wreck Center, it was still a little light out. It was nice to come home and not have to cook or wash clothes. I made vegetarian chili yesterday and it was mmmm, mmmm good.







No comments:

Post a Comment