Saturday, March 28, 2009

House of Wasa


I found these Wasa crackers on sale at Dierbergs. I usually purchase them at Big Lots where the price is significantly lower. While Big Lots has had the multi grain, sourdough and rye in stock, the crisp 'n light have been rather elusive so I was happy to see them at Dierbergs. You can build quite the snack with a Wasa foundation.

Today, I went to the St. Louis Bread Company to which I have not journeyed in a very long time. I used to love to go to the STL Bread Co on Saturday when the cupboard was full. The goods behind the Plexiglas were a sight to behold. I went today to pick up some sandwiches for a work-related event. Oh my, the Bread Co now has bogels -- the bagel version of donut holes. I was overwhelmed by all of the pastries: bearclaws, soufflés, danishes, cookies and the humongous cobblestone muffins. Of course, their bulk made me curious and here are the cobblestone stats:
Serving Size 7 ounces (197g)
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 650 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 410mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 123g 41%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 62g
Protein 12g
I picked up the sandwiches which smelled scrumptious. I swear that from the bag of sandwiches that I had, I could discern the distinct smell of the Sierra Turkey sandwich or, perhaps, it was just my imagination, running away with me.

I tried a SOYJOY strawberry bar today -- not bad but not an item that will develop into a jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment