Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Did Not Make Any Changes That I Could Not Live With

My sister-in-law and I were in the kitchen. I was making a sandwich as opposed to the eating the Popeyes' chicken that everyone else wanted. There was also plenty of Louisiana hot sauce, ketchup and cajun sparkle (salt, spices including paprika, seasoning blend of dried garlic and onion. Natural flavors, MSG) to go along with the chicken.

S-I-L started telling me about the fat free diet that she had gone on; she lost 20 pounds but as soon as she stopped eating the fat free fare, the weight came right back. I told her that I did not make any changes that I could not deal with over the long haul. Although, despite the tasty and varied alternatives, sometimes other sweets still beckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment