Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tiptoeing Through The Water

I was ravenous after swimming 21 laps so I had a light garlic and herb Laughing Cow wedge and some Deerfield oven crisp crackers. Still hungry after the cheese and crackers, I wondered what to eat since it wasn't quite time for dinner. I remembered that I hadn't had any fruit so I had some watermelon which was very good. As I sat down to eat my watermelon, I remembered a time when I would put salt on it. As James Brown would say, Good God! Who introduced adding salt to watermelon? And why mess with perfection?


Today, for the fifth time, I was able to swim the front crawl for 25 meters without stopping. It definitely wasn't pretty. For you veteran swimmers, the front crawl is no big deal but I struggle mightily with the breathing. I do feel like I'm making progress, though, as I continue to experiment with different ways of breathing.

And, by the way, the front crawl was not the only thing taking my breath away; the water was so freaking cold at the indoor pool that I felt like this poor creature tiptoeing through the water at 0:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment