Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rescue Me

I don't think that I've eaten out since Jan. of '09. Frankly, I'm still apprehensive about dining out because I want to know what goes into my meal. However, I don't want to be like Sally in When Harry Met Sally who doesn't eat between meals or is a super picky nuisance when ordering at a restaurant.

I wanted to treat myself today and I thought I might give Stir Crazy, a restaurant that I used to frequent, a try but I couldn't find nutrition information online.

I finally decided to try Kaldi's Coffee's baked falafel which was quite tasty.


Greek Pita $6.99
baked falafel, hummus, and Mediterranean rice in a pita, grilled
and served hot with Kalamata olives, feta, fresh tomato relish
and Tahini dressing
Somebody rescue me because I felt like quite the glutton for eating the whole falafel sandwich and imagined that I had used up all of my calories for the day. I wondered what was Kaldi's idea of Mediterranean rice but, finally, I rationalized that I couldn't possibly gain a pound in a day and that I need to learn how to eat out without biting my proverbial fingernails. I'm incorrigible, though, because I just wondered about the calorie count of fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment