Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fitness Rx for Frigid Weather

I was jonesing to go to the pool yesterday and I even took a survey of some folks at work and asked if they had been to the pool and, if so, how was the water. They were, like, well I didn't get in the pool but people were swimming.

Alas, I didn't go swimming because it was just so freaking cold outside and if the water was going to be even a little chilly, it just wasn't going to work. I can't exchange cold for cold right now.

I felt the same today. Since I had a day off from work, I had absolutely no incentive to trek to the gym. I pulled out my workout DVDs and decided to do Walk Your Way Slim; only, I put in another DVD by mistake and I ended up doing Walking Pilates (Calorie Burning Workout).

I struggle with doing workouts at home because I feel like I'm not doing enough if I can't ramp up an incline or level but I need to remember that some movement is better than none at all. Plus, I needed a lighter workout today because my abs, arms and thighs are still tender from Tuesday's Boot Camp class. It's times like today when I tell myself to chill out and breathe. Relax, 'Drea. Breathe.

On The Calorie Lab website, I saw that there's a new show on TLC called One Big Happy Family. I went to check out a preview and was surprised when the mother, who weighs 380 pounds, thought she was going to work off a generous portion of pancakes and butter in addition to some funnel cake by frolicking at a water park. With the number one resolution being weight loss, I should not be surprised.

Tameka Coles should check out this feature in Fitness magazine, an eye opener regarding what it takes to work off indulgences. I'm assuming that this family will get educational support à la The Biggest Loser contestants.


Hopefully, I can catch One Big... at the gym where my cable subscription resides. ;)

This blip in TV Guide still inspires me.


Over at My Good Cents, I saw that you can get a Biggest Loser and Subway Workout Mix for free.

The Biggest Loser and SUBWAY® Workout Mix


  • Bleeding Love, Leona Lewis

  • American Boy, Estelle

  • Umbrella, Rihanna

  • Stronger, Kanye West

  • 4 Minutes, Madonna

  • Love Story, Taylor Swift

  • No Surprise, Daughtry

  • Sugar, Flo Rida

  • Paparazzi, Lady GaGa

  • When I Grow Up, The Pussycat Dolls

  • Second Chance, Shinedown

  • Damaged, Danity Kane

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment