Friday, January 1, 2010

The Sins of The Fitness Instructor

To attend the YMCA'S Open House or not?

Even though I woke up early, I still had a hard time getting in gear. Plus, there was the possibility of rock climbing later in the day. A class and rock climbing? Hmmm...

Even though my own gym is open and has a few classes scheduled for today, I have some sentimental feelings toward the Y.

I checked the schedule and decided on Y-Step.

Free Adult Fitness Classes include:
Y - Step I at 10:00 a.m.
Turbo Kickbox at 11:00 a.m.
Family Variety at Noon
Family Zumba at 1:00 p.m.

Come join us for the fun. Let us help you find the solution to your New Year's resolution!
The open house is FREE and open to the public, so bring a friend. Non-members are encouraged to bring a photo I.D.
Y-Step started at 10 -- the same time the Y was slated to open. There were so many people at the door that it looked like a starting line.

When I stepped into the class, I was thrilled to see Crazy Tracy and I knew that I had made the right choice.

Tracy, single-handedly, makes me want to join the YMCA.

Also, I like the YMCA's Y-Step. My gym has step classes but the step is not relied on a great deal. The Y's step classes tend to be all step all the time.

Tracy went to the Cheesecake Factory last night and we paid for it. There was even one point when she told us that she was going to take us into oblivion and I had the sweat to prove it.

Tracy is also a proponent of the plank and we, of course, got a chance to do some. We also did some rowing moves for our abs. Tracy told us to move as if we were between two planes of glass, an image that worked for me. When the class ended, Tracy went around and hi-fived everyone. Y-Step was truly a great way to christen New Year's Day and Tracy is a great instructor -- greeting people, checking people's equipment, form and reminding us to take it at our own pace. It's your workout, she blared.

And my goal for 2010? It's to lose more weight by eating sensibly, exercise as much as possible and remember that I didn't gain weight overnight.

Today's also my blogiversary. When I started this blog, I had lost 44 pounds and I'm now down 16 more. My weight loss percentage is at 26% now. I'll be more than happy if I can say that I've lost more weight in a year's time.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! Very cool.
    The YMCA sounds like a fun place to workout.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MelissaNibbles,

    Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete