Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Can You Feel It?

Got to the gym earlier today, spent about 10 minutes on the treadmill then trotted off to class where things looked different since there were blue mats all over the floor. The teacher looked different too. As it turned out, the newbie didn't know that Jackie was substituting for Kate and that's how Step and Muscle class turned into Cardio and Muscle.

I missed the step, missed Jackie and Jackie's awesome aerobic workout remix CD. It's amazing how fast you get used to a person.

Wanna know what's more interesting than a jumping jack? A jump squat that segues into a jumping jack. And who knew that a jumping jack, challenging in and of itself, was a modification for mountain climbers which I dislike almost as much as I dislike burpees.

Fast feet or the football jog just about did me in tonight too as did the basketball defense-like back and forth shuffling with a jump somewhere in between.

I was quite verbal tonight with my oohs and aahs since it was a way to absorb the rigorous workout and carry on with the task at hand.

Can you feel it, Kate asked?

I don't know about it but I felt used and abused after the burpees, planks, push-ups, squats et al.

It was cool, though, when many of us wiped out women convened in the locker room to talk about the beat down that we had endured. There was this camaraderie among, mostly, strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment