Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hitting The Bunny Trail

I made sure that I hit the bunny trail and the gym was quite interesting. There was this guy who was doing a drawn-out version of crouching tiger hidden dragon and he was also playing an invisible guitar. When I was leaving, this woman dropped a pink stone on the floor then threw it in my gym bag. I think it wants to go home with you. It's a sunstone and will give you energy, she said.
After the gym, I hit the grocery store as I dreamed about a personal chef but not Chris Paul's chef, mind you, because I don't need anyone who has a recipe for Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

I was doing some internal whining about cooking but, really, it didn't take that long, the dishes are washed and, now, I can hit the ground running tomorrow without having to look for faster food or worry about cooking post-workout because post-workout is not the time to cook since I'm usually starving by then.

I made this veggie quiche which I've made several times.


I have a few more recipes in rotation

Cajun Turkey Quarter-Pounder

Farmer's Market Vegetarian Quesadillas

Skillet Lasagna

Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans

Senegalese Peanut Stew

Vegetarian Chili

but I definitely need to find more. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I just mentioned the other day to someone how much I love quiche and want to make one for dinner this week. I love breakfast for dinner, yours looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicci_NiftyEats,

    It's definitely one of my favorite dishes. Your veggie loaf sounds good and I can't wait to see the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Drea! Thanks for visiting my blog today. You are doing great..holy smokes! I cracked up about the crouching tiger guy and pink stone lady...stuff like that happens to me a lot, too....where you just sort of shake your head in wonder. Love it. :)

    I love to make fritattas. There are lots of recipes for them out there. I basically grab all the veggies in the house and chop them up smallish...then sautee them in a smallish nonstick sautee pan with garlic and onions and olive oil or coconut oil until they are starting to get brown. Then I pour 2 or 3 whipped eggs over the top of them and let it stay like that on the burner for about 2 minutes...then throw the pan under the "hi" broiler for 4-5 minutes. You can add 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top for the last minute under the broiler if you want. Top with whatever.....avocado, sour cream, salsa.....or all three. It has very few carbs, decent fiber and decent protein...and is VERY filling. If I need extra protein, I will add 2-3 oz of steak or chicken to it....ground beef or turkey would work, too.

    Ok, now I need to go check your scallop recipe and look through the sunday paper for a sale on scallops. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greta,

    Yeah, the gym is a constant source of inspiration, amusement and those lovely endorphins.

    Thanks for suggesting frittatas which I've never made before. It sounds like a good way to get in more veggies. I'm going recipe hunting now.

    ReplyDelete