Thursday, January 14, 2010

Take The Time To Squeeze It

On tap for today's cardio portion of the program was a 7:00 p.m. selection of Step Interval.

Hmmmm, I don't think evening exercise is for me. First, I watched the news dominated, of course, by events in Haiti, ate and threw a load of clothes in the laundry. I was ultra-relaxed and having second thoughts about Step Interval which is why I normally head straight to the gym after work. Nevertheless, I took my less sore glutei (wording especially for Yum Yucky and purple_moonflower123) and worked them out some more.

The woman who taught the class was named The Squat Mistress Toni. Good God! She believed in squats and reminded us to take the the time to squeeze it i.e. our butts when we came up. I was also introduced to the chair. Hold it. Hold it.



We held the chair long enough for me to get vocal and amuse the woman next to me. Toni actually used peer pressure to keep us in the chair pose -- saying that we would not finish until everyone crouched down and went into a holding pattern.

Tammy (another instructor) jumped into the class while it was in session. I took Tammy's Drills To Make You Sweat Class. Tammy has the oddest most business-like expression on her face and she actually unnerves me a bit. She certainly kicked my butt when I took her class. I think I'm going to start referring to Tammy as Léon: The Professional...

Has anyone ever done the bridge before? Well, I hadn't. Toni was like place your mat at the edge of your step, put your butt as close to the step as you can get it then place your feet on the step. We also had weights to play with while we were doing the bridge. I was hurtin' for certain. For the record, I would not attempt a bridge on a fitness ball because London Bridge would definitely fall down.



While we were doing some routine on the step, I could not get the choreography down. I was so embarrassed but I got over it.

3 comments:

  1. I have done the bridge and it is hard! Good for you on not stressing over the moves and just doing your thing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,

    Thanks. My face was so hot during my missteps but it was my first time in Toni's class. I'm sure that I'll get the hang of the routine -- eventually.

    ReplyDelete