Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Opposite of Coasting

In answer to fitsugar's question, I'm gonna have to say yes. I love to feel sweat rolling down the sides of my face since I feel like sweat is a sign that I'm working out at an appropriate level. If I haven't broken out in a sweat, I feel like I'm just coasting along. Plus, it feels good to really move after sitting at a desk for most of the day.

I've seen several people at the gym don solar suits which seems a tad redundant. A short stint on the StairMaster alone will fulfill any one's sweat quota.

I like the scene in Anna Deavere Smith's one-woman show, Fires in the Mirror, when the character says when I was an athlete, I was an athlete; when I was a bad boy, I was a bad boy. When I'm exercising, I want to really be athletic because no other part of the day is devoted to action.


Sweating During A Workout: Love It or Hate It?

No comments:

Post a Comment