Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Most Recent Jones

My latest snack jones is Whole Foods' 365 Organic Peanut Butter with Annie's Homegrown Bunny Grahams Cinnamon on the side.


The organic peanut butter was a gift. Thank you PB donor.

I looked up the calorie count and one tablespoon is 100 calories, ten more than, say, Jiffy or a generic brand. Interesting.

At first, the 365 PB took some getting used to but now I like it. My container is so close to empty and I'm wondering how much the Whole Foods brand is going to set me back.

I vaguely remember an article in Everyday Food Magazine that talked about hydrogenated oil which is in most peanut butter but not in the 365 version.

Speaking of organic, I like Mark Bittman's article about eating food that's better for you.

Eating Food That’s Better for You, Organic or Not

There are some thought-provoking articles that have cropped up recently regarding organic food and meat consumption:

Can we afford to eat ethically?

Don't have a cow!

Paying a Price for Loving Red Meat

It’s Organic, but Does That Mean It’s Safer?

No comments:

Post a Comment